1) Which four words end in "_dous"?
2) Besides "angry" and "hungry," what other words end in "_gry"?
3) On this date in 1952, the first toy commercial appeared on television. What toy was it?
4) What fairy tale was the first to be printed in English?
1) stupendous, horrendous, tremendous, hazardous
2) There are no stand-alone words besides angry and hungry that end in "_gry" - unless you
- a) accept "gry," an obsolete unit of measurement invented by John Locke, or
- b) you treat the question as a trick and offer the word "energy," which ends in _g-r-y, just not in that order.
4) "The History of Tom Thumb" was the first fairy tale to be published in English; it was published in 1621.