Alan Rock's Trivia!
1) Where did the tradition of exchanging gifts at Christmas time begin?
2) "Confidently Beautiful" is the motto for this contest.
3) This U.S. president had more pets at the White House than any other before or since.
4) Tennessee Williams' play, A Streetcar Named Desire opened on Broadway on this date in 1947. Who were the play's leads?
1) Italy - the practice began with the Romans.
2) The Miss Universe Pageant
3) Theodore Roosevelt
4) Marlon Brando played Stanley Kowalski, Jessica Tandy played Blanche DuBois and Kim Hunter played Stella. In the award season, Streetcar won both the New York Drama Critics Award and the Pulitzer Prize for Drama.