1) Elvis left active duty at Fort Dix, New
Jersey, on March 5, 1960, and received his discharge from the Army
Reserve on March 23, 1964. What rank was he when he was discharged from duty?
2) The sun consists of which elements?
3) Who said, "An Iron Curtain has descended..."
4) How many recognized moons are in the Solar System?
1) Elvis was a sergeant when he completed his tour of duty with the Army.
2) The Sun is made of hydrogen (74%) and helium (about 24%).
3) While the term "Iron Curtain" in reference to Communist Russia appeared as early as 1918, Allen Dulles was responsible for the familiar quote in a December 1945 speech: "[a]n iron curtain has descended
over the fate of these people and very likely conditions are truly
terrible. The promises at Yalta to the contrary, probably 8 to 10
million people are being enslaved."
The first recorded occasion on which Churchill used the term "iron
curtain" was in a 12 May 1945 telegram he sent to U.S. President Harry S. Truman
regarding his concern about Soviet actions, stating "[a]n iron curtain
is drawn down upon their front. We do not know what is going on behind."
He was further concerned about "another immense flight of the German
population westward as this enormous Muscovite advance towards the
centre of Europe."
Churchill concluded "then the curtain will descend again to a very
large extent, if not entirely. Thus a broad land of many hundreds of
miles of Russian-occupied territory will isolate us from Poland." (from Wikipedia)
4) Counting only those moons orbiting what are considered to be accepted planets, there are 166 natural satellite moons in the solar system.
Mercury and Venus-0.